Practice makes perfect could be true, BUT if you don't have a passion for darts you will never be great!
One little tip for beginners: When playing a game (depends on the game) and you want to throw a number but scared you will miss, concentrate and aim for the T (trip). Always be cool, calm and collected and most important believe in yourself, that's the golden rule...
To practice well:
1. To get better you need to concentrate during practice.
2. Identify where things are going wrong and practice them.
3. DON'T spend hours throwing at T20-break up throws with other trebles and doubles
4. Playing '01 (501,301) is NOT practice.
5. Find someone to practice with who has the same ability as yourself.
Until next time...